Here we go for the Liebster Award take two! Thank you so much, Madi for nominating me!
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Thank you, Madi!
Answer the 11 questions given to you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers.
Ask your nominees 11 questions.
Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
1. What is one lesson, writing or otherwise, you learned in 2021?
Wow, this list could be extensive! It seems like God is constantly trying to teach me something new (that is not to say that I learn quick, but I am always needing to learn something).😅 I could think of a few things right off and most of them are writing related, but one thing I guess that specifically sticks out is that it is ok for a first draft to be incredibly messy. It’s a FIRST draft — it’s not ever going to be perfect.
2. What is one fictional main character others like but you don’t?
So this is a pretty common problem with me…. I don’t know why, but I find a lot of instances where everyone likes a certain character and I don’t. Mainly I think it is because I love a good underdog. I root for the person who has literally no chance of surviving or ever making something of themselves. Currently however I am drawing a complete blank on an actual example…. 🙈
3. What is one of the lessons your character(s) will learn in your current WIP?
One lesson that my characters learn is that God’s love is unstoppable. There is no situation too dark or cruel for God’s love to reach them. No matter what your past is, God’s love can still reach you.
4. Mountain or beach?
This is a pretty tough choice. I love them both so much! If I was forced to choose though, I think I would go with beach. But not just any beach. I am talking the beautiful rocky coast of New England.
5. Which historical period is your favorite?
Agh! Madi, why would you do this to me?? So many choices, so little time… There really isn’t a time period in American History that I don’t like. That having been said though, I am a serious World War Two buff. All of my great-grandpas fought in WWII, so that just adds to my passion for it.
6. What was your last five-star read?
Honestly, I haven’t done a lot of reading since my last Liebster Award. I am currently reading two books that are really good, but I haven’t finished them so I can’t say for sure that they will be 5 stars. So I guess my last one was the same as the last Liebster — The Journals of Lewis and Clark.
7. What is one food or drink everyone else likes but you despise?
Eggnog. *ducks out of the way of any rotten tomatoes that may have been thrown by eggnog lovers* I am sorry guys, but I can’t stand the stuff. I have tried so many times to like it, only to be reminded of why I hate it. Every holiday season when all of the eggnog starts being brought out, I tell myself to try some. It is such a festive drink and I just would love to enjoy it, but no. I just can’t.
8. What is your favorite trope in books?
I love reading “enemies to friends” type books. I have never really thought of this question before though, so I don’t know if I have a specific favorite I guess.
9. Which would you rather face: bear or shark?
Shark attacks in the ocean have always been a slight fear of mine. Something about being in the water, where I can’t stand on solid ground, and being attacked by a shark, freaks me out. I LOVE being in the water — swimming, wading, etc. but I just don’t like the thought of being attacked while in the water. So I am going to have to go with the bear…
10. Winter or summer?
Summer means I can go barefoot! Not to mention I love summer in the country. You have never lived until you have breathed in the clean sweet smell of a freshly cut field of hay or driven the old dirt roads with the windows all rolled down and the wind in your face. That is a good summer. 😍
11. What is something you couldn’t be paid a million dollars to do?
Go Python hunting. Not gonna do it — ever. Hunting snakes that are faster than you, blend in with their surroundings well, and are HUGE? Count me out thanks. Especially when you throw in the fact that you are hunting them in murky, nasty swamps/ water.
Thank you again, Madi!
YOU! Yes, I am nominating anyone who wants to do this! 💕
1. What is one habit that annoys you incredibly?
2. Do you prefer to read fiction or non-fiction?
3. Favorite classic literature?
4. If you could only take one vacation in your lifetime, where would it be?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. Why? (To the above question)
7. Do you know the words to your state’s (or province, etc.) song? (Without looking it up! 😉)
8. What is one chore you despise?
9. One chore you love?
10. What is one Bible event that you wish you could have seen?
11. Do you prefer the cookie or the creme in Oreos?
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed the post. ❤️
What are your answers to the questions I was asked? Let me know in the comments!